"But I tell you what, If one more of these pipes burst, I'm out of here."
Though Wally has yet to be seen in person, he comes across as an "average Joe", a regular working man whose only real concern at the studio is getting his work done. However, after the introduction of the Ink Machine, he appeared suspicious of the workshop, including Joey's plans. He also seemed to have felt confused and worried about some situations within the company, such as the Ink Machine's abundance of leaks and why most of the staff appeared to be angry when they were making cartoons.
Wally's first appearance is as a voice from an audio log located on the shelf of the narrowed room.
He talks about Joey Drew's plans and the Ink Machine, claiming he doesn't understand Joey's plans for the workshop. He also claims that the animations are not being finished on time and the Ink Machine's noise and tendency to leak is making things hard to work.
Wally then mentions the bizarre command Joey gave to his staff; for everyone, including Wally himself, to donate things from their work stations and set them on pedestals in the break room in order to "appease the gods". Wally then claims that he will leave the company if any other pipes burst.
Wally's second diary cassette is located near the entrance to Sammy's office. He complains that he lost the keys to his closet, most likely in one of the garbage cans while making his rounds a week ago, and has a bad feeling about what Sammy would do if he ever found out.
In his tapes, he complains about the behavior of the studio's staff members, wandering around in the room while likening their faces to being as if they were angry or grieving when they should be positive given how they make cartoons. Wally threatens that if the attitudes of the people in the studio do not change, he will leave his post.
The Ink Machine can be heard running in the background of the tape if listen more carefully.
|The following information contains spoilers. To view them, click the [show] tag.|
- Wally speaks with a Brooklyn accent, which differs from most of the other accents heard in the studio.
- Wally's line "I'm out of here!" is repeated on every audio log he appears in, acting as his catchphrase.
- This was referenced during the Hot Topic Q&A, when Sammy claimed that Wally can never keep things in order as his mind is "way out of here".
- His line is also used in one of the official images for merchandise.
- Wally is the only staff member to appear in all of the chapters released thus far.
- In the prototype version of Chapter 1, Wally's recording had no transcript to go along with it, meaning that his name was initially unknown until it was added in from the first remastered update.
- The quality of his voice recording sounds was also slightly cleaner.
- Wally is also the only radio speaker from this prototype and the chapter's first remastered update before Thomas Connor's audio log was planned to add.
- Wally's recording in Chapter 2 implies that him losing his keys has happened before, as he explains that Sammy would probably fire him if he was caught doing so again.
- According to theMeatly on Twitter, Wally's keys were in the trash bin for 30 years, as he never had a chance to retrieve them. This implies that Wally met a similar fate to his work colleagues.
- When playing Wally's audio log and walks farther away then come back after his tape ends, a bug will occur to cause Wally's transcript not disappearing after his speech was finished until playing his audio log again.
- ↑ Inkmachineplans.png
- ↑ "That Wally! That man can't ever keep his things in order! If I didn't know better I'd say his mind was wayyyy out of here!" - Hot Topic. July 26, 2017. Twitter.
- ↑ "Why would Wally leave his keys in the trash for 30 years? It's almost as if he never got a chance to go back for them..." - theMeatly. June 25, 2017. Twitter.
|Allison Pendle • Grant Cohen • Henry • Joey Drew • Linda • Norman Polk • Sammy Lawrence • Shawn Flynn • Susie Campbell • Thomas Connor • Wally Franks|
|Alice Angel • Bendy • Boris the Wolf (Clone) • Butcher Gang • Skeleton • "Talking chairs" & "dancing chickens"|
|"Alice" • "Bendy" • Fisher • Piper • Sammy • Searchers • Searcher Boss • Striker • Swollen Searchers • The Projectionist|
|theMeatly • "Wandering" Bendy|