Take the lift down to see your old friend, but beware! Therefore this article may contain spoilers remain unmarked! Do not go any further if you choose not to read or view spoilers before playing the game first.
"If you're going to catch them, you'll have to learn to move quietly."
The Swollen Searchers' appearance looks incredibly similar to their original variants, but they are slightly larger and appear to be in a hunched position. They have a diseased-like appearance - sporting a lump on their right arm, a thumb on their left hand, the left cheek, and the left side of their back. Their stomachs also possess several large lumps. It face are also quite long.
Unlike other Searcher types, the Swollen Searchers do not outright harm Henry. They stand idle and barely move around. If Henry takes too long while attempting to kill them with the syringe or moving far too fast, they vanish into ink and teleport to another location.
Before obtaining their thick ink, the Swollen Searchers only takes a single hit by Henry's syringe.
They only appear on Level 11 from one task where Henry goes on the next mission by collecting thick ink, teleporting around the ink-river station and the waiting room. "Alice" feels disgusted by the Swollen Searchers' appearance while requesting Henry to obtain the syringe and use it for collecting the thick ink that they are composed of. Henry must go to Level 11, kill all either two or three Swollen Searchers (if not killing Fisher for the thick ink he obtained) and obtain their thick ink to complete the task.
A single Swollen Searcher made an extremely minor appearance in this chapter. One can be summoned from the ink pipe by rotating the valve in the pillar room. Henry has to use their thick ink for the Ink Maker. After Henry takes the Swollen Searcher's thick ink, it will disappear back into the ink pipe.
- All idle moans the Swollen Searchers make are reused from the regular Searchers' death sounds, only edited with low-pitch. While one of the taken sounds is still used for the normal Searchers, two of these sounds are actually taken from the Searcher's many unused death sounds which can be found in the game files from Chapter 2's first release.
- The current quality of the Swollen Searcher's official rigged model is unofficially released onto Steam's Source Filmmaker Workshop and included in the second SFM pack along with Piper, Striker, Fisher, the Searcher, "Alice", and the Projectionist's model.
- There is another monster called Swollen Jack which uses the same look from the Swollen Searchers except that he wears a hat.
- Killing all two or three Swollen Searchers will unlock the "Ultimate Stomachache" achievement.
- There are few earlier differences for the Swollen Searcher's mechanics before the latest update for Chapter 4's release:
- On update patch 1.3.0:
- There were four Swollen Searchers to hunt instead of three along with Fisher lacking the thick ink he obtains.
- The Swollen Searchers can be located around almost any locations besides just Level 11.
- On update patch 1.3.1:
- There were over five Swollen Searchers to hunt.
- On update patch 1.3.0:
- Before Chapter 4 before the image was removed, the Swollen Searcher was seen in the "Path of the Demon" ending image along with "Bendy" and all three Butcher Gang enemies.
|The Swollen Searcher's idle sound.|
|The sound of a Swollen Searcher being hit.|
|The sound produced when a Swollen Searcher dies, retreats, or spawns.|
|The sound produced when successfully getting a Swollen Searcher's ink.|
|The sound produced when picking up a Swollen Searcher's ink.|
|"Alice" • "Bendy" • "Boris"|
|Bertrum Piedmont • Grant Cohen • Sammy Lawrence • Swollen Jack • The Projectionist|
|Miner Searcher • Searchers • Searcher Boss • Searcher Minibosses • Swollen Searchers|
|Fisher • Piper • Striker|
|Boris Clone • Lost Ones|