Take the lift down to see your old friend, but beware! Therefore this article may contain spoilers remain unmarked! Do not go any further if you choose not to read or view spoilers before playing the game first.
Joey Drew Studios, also known as the workshop, is the establishment and the main setting where Bendy and the Ink Machine takes place. Owned by Joey Drew, this is where he, his friend Henry, and all other workers collaborate 30 years for producing series of Bendy cartoons before in-game.
This obviously massive building is known for being the place where Henry help create and used to work with his friend, Joey Drew, making Bendy cartoons, along with many others. It is also the place where Henry starts in-game to go and find the Ink Machine, as a task. At the start of the game, Henry receives a letter from Joey saying that he should come to "his" old workshop, because he has something to show him. There is a few amount of places owned by collaborators within this studio; Music Department by Sammy Lawrence, Heavenly Toys by Shawn Flynn, and Accounting & Finance by Grant Cohen.
In-game just in time when Henry revisits Joey Drew Studios from the beginning chapter, it appears that the studio was defunct and long-time abandoned for years, with the inside containing a lot of mess like ink spills, cobwebs, cracks on walls, etc.
As of yet, there are 13 known workers collaborating at Joey Drew's Studio:
- Joey Drew (lead animator and founder)
- Henry (co-founder and former animator)
- Wally Franks (janitor)
- Susie Campbell (former voice actress)
- Norman Polk (projectionist)
- Sammy Lawrence (music/song director)
- Shawn Flynn (toy maker)
- Allison Pendle (voice actress)
- Thomas Connor (repairman)
- Grant Cohen (shop/budget keeper)
- Jack Fain (lyricist)
- Bertrum Piedmont (Bendy Land founder)
- Lacie Benton (construction worker)
|The following information contains spoilers. To view them, click the [show] tag.|
- The workshop seems to be an influence by real-life cartoon-producing companies, such as Walt Disney Studios and Fleischer Studios.
- The game's development team has a name called after this animation studio, which was formally known as "theMeatly Games". Their official website dedicating to the Bendy and the Ink Machine franchise can be found here.
- Joey Drew Studios was established in 1929 according to their website.
|The prototype ambiance for ink dripping.|
|The prototype ambiance for when the place is flooding.|
|The ink flood ambiance.|
|The sound of a single drip of ink while the place is flooding.|
|The ambiance for ink flowing in the pipes around the studio.|
|The start and ambiance for ink dripping.|
|The sounds for ink gushing.|
|The sounds of ink dripping.|
|The looping sounds of the lights flickering.|