|“||So this is the Ink Machine. Wonder how you turn it on.||”|
— Henry upon entering the room, Chapter 1
From this room, there is a device known as the Ink Machine operated by the company "Abelbuild" (as seen from the Ink Machine's blueprint) and later installed by Joey himself. It is assumed that the machine is able to create and make cartoon characters come alive and restore ink.
From Chapter 1's second update after Chapter 3, the doorway to the Ink Machine room went under a few major changes. It now looks more detailed and the sign is separate from it.
It is also possible that it created ink-based monsters, such as "Bendy", the Searchers, and the "Butcher Gang" enemies (although the said gang members Piper, Fisher, and Striker are not necessarily ink monsters, just mutilated cartoon characters). They are the only known ink monsters in the game so far, while Sammy Lawrence and Norman Polk themselves get corrupted by the machine's ink, turning Sammy into a monster while Norman became the Projectionist.
In order to activate the machine, the player must collect six items scattered randomly throughout the workshop, restore the ink pressure in the projector room, then finally switch it on via a switch in the break room.
|The prototype ambiance for the ink machine running.|
|The prototype ambiance for the ink machine after "Bendy" appears.|
|The presumed sound of the Ink Machine and whistle heard from behind "Bendy"'s door in Chapter 2.|
|Soon to be added...||Soon...|
- From the chapter's first remastered release, after completing the puzzle to activate the Ink Machine, there are what appears to be few ink-stained, human footprints. From its second remastered update upon Chapter 3's release, however, the footprints are removed for unknown reasons, but the file is still located within the game files.
- The room appears to be boarded up from the inside in the prototype version, while it was boarded up from the outside in the updated version.
- Strangely the plans for the Ink Machine V2 seen from Chapter 2 almost look, if not, identical to the Ink Machine seen in Chapter 1.
- This room is supposed to barricade itself after "Bendy" breaks down all the boards. This idea was scrapped for reasons.
- Another Ink Machine can be found in Chapter 3 from behind the stairs.
- ↑ "So first Joey installs this Ink Machine over our heads. Then it begins to leak. Three times last month, we couldn't even get out of our department because the ink had flooded the stairwell." - Sammy's second radio speech, Chapter 2
|Art Department • Basement • Boris' Room • Break Room • Disorganized Area • Henry's Desk • Ink Machine Room • Mini Workroom • Narrowed Room • Pentagram Room • Projector Closet • Projector Room • Pub Room • Staircase Room • Small Office • Workroom|
|Audience • Hall Closet • Infirmary • Inky Hall • Ink Pool • Music Department Hall • Music Writing Room • Organ Room • Projection Booth • Recording Booth • Recording Studio • Ritual Room • S3 Vault • Sammy's Office • Sammy's Room • Sammy's Sanctuary • Stairwell • Uppercase Room • Utility Shaft 9|
|Alice's Room • Angel Path Room • Dark Hallway • Demon Path Room • Flooded Warehouse • Heavenly Toys Room • Elevator • Inky Abyss • Level 9 • Level 11 • Level K • Level P • Level S • Operation Room • Sunken Room • Safe House • Stairways 1 • Stairways 2 • Stairways 3 • Torture Room • Toy Machine Room • Toy Storage • T-Shaped Hallway • Waiting Room|
|Joey Drew Studios • theMeatly's Room|