Take the lift down to see your old friend, but beware! Therefore this article may contain spoilers remain unmarked! Do not go any further if you choose not to read or view spoilers before playing the game first.
The Butcher Gang is a trio of cartoon characters starring in cartoons like "The Butcher Gang" and "Demonic Tonic" from the series of Bendy's cartoons as the show's antagonists thirty years before the events of the game. The three only appear in posters in Chapter 3 and 4 of Bendy and the Ink Machine.
Charley is a nearly bald, anthropomorphic chimpanzee with large ears, a black nose, a black beard and sideburns. He wears a tailcoat and vest, a black tie, and black shoes. He wears white gloves, just like his enemy variant Piper, as seen in TimetheHobo's character doodles.
Barley appears to be a cross between a pirate and a sailor with a white beard, wearing an eye patch for his right eye, a hat and a belt, a pair of white gloves, and holding a corn-cob pipe with his mouth. Even though he is a human, Barley strangely sports "black outlines" around his face but under the mouth similar to Bendy.
Edgar is a spider-like creature with large lips, small ears, and a pair of pointed fangs. Unlike actual arachnids in reality, he sports only four legs instead of eight, however he is shown to have six legs from the animator TimetheHobo's character doodles.
Additionally, all three members have pie shaped eyes, like the other cartoon characters.
Based on their devious looks from their eyes, the trio take each role as gang-based villainous characters in some of Bendy's cartoons. Their known hobby is antagonizing Bendy, as shown in the "Demonic Tonic" poster.
The trio only appear in the "The Butcher Gang" poster from the power hallway where the entrance to the last room on Level K is located, next to the switch which Henry needs to flip. Soon upon approaching, the poster bursts with a giant hole as soon as Piper emerges behind it for a jumpscare.
Besides their enemy counterparts, the Butcher Gang appeared in the "Demonic Tonic" poster located in the balcony of the Research & Design location.
- The design for Charley is very similar to the Fleischer cartoon character Grampy because of a similar-looking clothing along with the vest, oval-shaped head with little-to-no hair, pie-styled eyes, and a black nose.
- The design for Barley could have been similar to the character Popeye from the Popeye the Sailor cartoons, as they are both sailors, wear sailor hats, are often shown flexing, gruff-looking expressions, similar square-shaped noses, and both have corn cob pipes. Both of their right eye also has a unique feature, Barely with a right patch eye but Popeye's right eye always remain squinted.
- Edgar's design may have strong similarities with the antagonistic spider character in Betty Boop's "Mother Goose Land" cartoon, as they are both spider-based characters having similar looks, even pie eyes, large lips possessing fangs, round-shaped bodies, and often walk in a quadrupedal manner. Although the spider antagonist have six arms with gloves on each end and has a nose while Edgar only have four legs with neither gloves or nose.
- They are the only cartoon characters whose names are not revealed in game until officially confirmed by theMeatly from his "behind the scenes" video about Chapter 3.
- The Butcher Gang are some of theMeatly's favorite characters.
|Allison Pendle • Bertrum Piedmont • Grant Cohen • Henry • Jack Fain • Joey Drew • Lacie Benton • Linda • Norman Polk • Sammy Lawrence • Shawn Flynn • Susie Campbell • Thomas Connor • Wally Franks|
|Alice Angel • Bendy • Boris the Wolf • Butcher Gang • Mr. Snowman • Skeleton • "Talking chairs" & "dancing chickens" • Bendy Land characters|
|Allison Angel • Tom|
|theMeatly • Wandering Sin|