The Butcher Gang is a trio of cartoon characters starring in the cartoon of the same name from the series of Bendy's cartoons thirty years before the events of the game. The three only appear in their poster of Chapter 3 from Bendy and the Ink Machine.
Charley is a nearly bald, anthropomorphic chimpanzee with large ears, a black nose, a black beard and sideburns. He wears a tailcoat and vest, a black tie, and black shoes. It is possible that he wore white gloves, just like his enemy variant Piper, although they are not seen in the poster due to him having his hands in his pockets.
Barley appears to be a cross between a pirate and a sailor with a white beard, wearing an eye patch for his right eye, a hat and a belt, a pair of white gloves, and holding a corn-cob pipe with his mouth. Even though he is a human, Barley strangely sport "black outlines" around his face but under the mouth similar to Bendy.
Edgar is a spider-like creature with large lips, small ears, and a pair of pointed fangs. Unlike actual arachnids in reality, he sports only four legs instead of eight.
Additionally, all three members have pie shaped eyes, like the other cartoon characters.
Based on their mean and/or upset looks, it can be presumed that the trio are the villains in some of Bendy's cartoons, other than that, their personalities are unexplored.
The trio only appear in the "The Butcher Gang" poster from the power hallway where the entrance to the last room on Level K is located, next to the switch which Henry needs to flip. Soon upon approaching, the poster bursts with a giant hole as soon as Piper emerges behind it for a jumpscare.
They also appear in their physical form as mutilated, hostile enemies.
- The design for Charley is very similar to the Fleischer cartoon character Grampy because of a similar-looking clothing along with the vest, oval-shaped head with little-to-no hair, pie-styled eyes, and a black nose.
- The design for Barley could have been similar to the character Popeye from the Popeye the Sailor cartoons, as they are both sailors, wear sailor hats, are often shown flexing, gruff-looking expressions, similar square-shaped noses, and both have corn cob pipes.
- Edgar's design may have strong similarities with the antagonistic spider character in Betty Boop's "Mother Goose Land" cartoon, as they are both spider-based characters having similar looks, even pie eyes, large lips possessing fangs, round-shaped bodies, and often walk in a quadrupedal manner. Although the spider antagonist have six arms with gloves on each end and has a nose while Edgar only have four legs with neither gloves or nose.
- Edgar's face also seems to highly resemble the stag beetle's from the Mickey Mouse short "Mickey's Garden". The only exception is a pair of mandibles.
- They are the only cartoon characters whose names are not revealed in game until officially confirmed by theMeatly from his "behind the scenes" video about Chapter 3.
- The Butcher Gang are some of theMeatly's favorite characters.
|Allison Pendle • Grant Cohen • Henry • Joey Drew • Linda • Norman Polk • Sammy Lawrence • Shawn Flynn • Susie Campbell • Thomas Connor • Wally Franks|
|Alice Angel • Bendy • Boris the Wolf (Clone) • Butcher Gang • Mr. Snowman • Skeleton • "Talking chairs" & "dancing chickens"|
|"Alice" • "Bendy" • Fisher • Piper • Sammy • Searchers • Searcher Boss • Searcher Minibosses • Striker • Swollen Searchers • The Projectionist|
|theMeatly • "Wandering" Bendy|