"Look around. It took so many of them to make me so beautiful."
The Boris clones are minor characters that appear only as lifeless corpses in Chapter 1 and later in Chapter 3 of Bendy and the Ink Machine. As their name suggests, they are duplicate but imperfect clones of Boris the Wolf.
In terms of general appearance, these clones are almost identical to the original Boris. Although comparing to the living Boris from the later chapters, the clones have sketchy lines around the facial area, including around the nose, all freckle spots, some parts on both sides of the muzzle, and around the eyes. There are more sketch lines around the overalls, on both patches from the knees, lower parts of pant legs, and the "belt" with the addition of two curved-lines below. The gloves also have sketch lines. Comparing their height to the living Boris', they are slightly shorter.
As they are revealed to be deceased in-game, each one seen so far has been strapped to an upright operating table. Their chest has been cut into and pulled open, revealing a lack of heart and lungs while exposing their ribs. Their left overall strap is unbuckled with the half seems to be cut off, and their eyes are X-shaped to show in a cartoonish manner that they are dead.
However, nothing can be said about each clones' personality due to the fact that they are entirely deceased.
Henry first encounters a Boris clone shortly after entering the abandoned studio. Upon finding the body, Henry is shocked and wonders what Joey could have been doing to cause this to happen, unaware that "Alice" is actually responsible for the clone's death along with most others, as their innards are used to make herself gorgeous again.
Once the Ink Machine has been activated, going back to the room with the corpse will show the body squirting ink onto the floor from where the missing organs should be.
After entering the flooded warehouse, multiple deceased Boris clones can be seen along with with the corpses of Piper, Fisher, and Striker. One of the nearest dead clones seems to caught Boris an attention and just stare at it.
"Alice" claims that she was the one responsible for their deaths, saying she needed them to make herself beautiful again. The corpses are simply whatever she did not need being left behind.
This section contains non-canonical source, and is not considered as an official part of the series or the overall plotline.
The Boris clone appears in the 30 seconds long animation short.
- From the earlier prototype of Chapter 1, the Boris clone's model was originally far different from the final version. The old model is slightly taller and with a noticeable lack of detail in the face. It has no overalls or gloves, bigger shoes, an open mouth, and six symmetrical ribs. Both eyes in X-shape appear to made out of string, as if they were sewn shut. The cut into the body's torso is a Y-shaped incision, similar to an autopsy. Instead of being tied down with straps, it is fastened down with buckles.
- When using the modeling program after rigging the model, there are two buttons located on the back of the Boris clone, as they are never seen visibly in-game.
- The "buckles" from both of the clones' limbs and a neck are revealed as filming reels while using the modeling program.
- There is an error where the top back areas of the clone's shoes are clipping through the table.
- This model was originally designed by theMeatly before hiring Pascal Cleroux to redesign the model when developing Chapter 2 along with the first chapter's first remastered update.
- From Chapter 1, the incision in the Boris clone's chest is one of the wrench's possible locations.
- In the prototype version, the wrench is well hidden, because the incision is very large, and the wrench blends in with the clone's innards.
- From Chapter 1's both prototype and the first remastered update, the incision of the Boris clone makes a sound when squirting ink. This sound was removed upon Chapter 3's release for uncertain reasons.
|The scrapped sound of ink squirting out of the Boris clone's incision in Chapter 1 after the Ink Machine is activated.|
- ↑ "Oh my god. Joey, what were you doing?" - Henry, Chapter 1
- ↑ "Look around. It took so many of them to make me so beautiful. Anything less than perfect was left behind. I had to do it. She made me." - "Alice", Chapter 3
- ↑ "Now come down and bring me back my Boris! It's the most perfect Boris I've ever seen, and I want it! I need it. I need it's insides so that I can be beautiful again!" - "Alice", Chapter 3
|Allison Pendle • Grant Cohen • Henry • Jack Fain • Joey Drew • Linda • Norman Polk • Sammy Lawrence • Shawn Flynn • Susie Campbell • Thomas Connor • Wally Franks|
|Alice Angel • Bendy • Boris the Wolf (Clone) • Butcher Gang • Mr. Snowman • Skeleton • "Talking chairs" & "dancing chickens"|
|"Alice" • "Bendy" • Fisher • Piper • Sammy • Searchers • Searcher Boss • Searcher Minibosses • Striker • Swollen Searchers • The Projectionist|
|theMeatly • Wandering Sin|