The cover of the book is black, while the pages are a lighter color. On the front cover, there is a smaller, lighter rectangle and some inscriptions. The book is titled The Illusion of Living and it is written by Joey Drew.
The book is one of the six items Henry must collect to fix the Ink Machine. The book can be in one of six possible locations:
- On the animation desk in the hallway to the break room.
- On a chair next to the radio.
- On the floor next to a chair by the desk, by the turning reels.
- On the floor just behind Boris' left foot.
- On the floor next to Boris' left foot.
- On the table, near the back in the pub room.
The book is seen laying on one of the desks from the operation room. This item, however, remains unobtainable.
|The current sound produced when the book is collected.|
|The old sound produced when the book is collected.|
- The book's title is most likely a reference to "The Illusion of Life", a Disney animation book written by two long-term animators.
- The book appears to have horns on the cover. This could be a reference to Bendy's devil horns.
|Bendy Doll • Book • Flashlight • Gear • Inky Heart • Ink Jar • Keys • Record • Special Gear • Thick Ink • Wrench • Valve Core|
|Audio Log • Ink Toy • Instruments • Music Radio • Projector • Toys|
|Axe • Syringe • Pipe Wrench • Plunger • Gent Pipe • Tommy Gun|
|Bacon Soup • Bone|