Bendy in Nightmare Run (also known as simply Bendy Run or Nightmare Run) is a mobile spin-off for the Bendy and the Ink Machine series, and was released on mobile devices for free on Google Play and App Store on August 15, 2018. It was developed by Karman Interactive in partnership with Joey Drew Studios Inc. / Kindly Beast and PhatMojo.
Where there’s Bendy, there's always trouble brewing! Dash through lost cartoons recently discovered in the dark vaults of Joey Drew Studios. You'll battle all-new monsters while collecting Bacon Soup and other vintage goodies in this dashing, running, scrambling adventure. The chase is on!
The gameplay itself is similar to other mobile games like Temple Run and Subway Surfers. The game take place in the Bendy cartoon universe, featuring three playable characters; the titular character Bendy, Boris the Wolf, and Alice Angel. The game includes four playable levels, four boss cartoon monsters (Chester, Gaskette, Canoodle, and Dewey) to beat, collectible Bacon Soup for purchasing, unlockable costumes and weapons, score ratings, minor enemies to impede the player's progress in defeating the monsters (Krawls, Stickles and Gwens), and possible future updates.
The game's received positive review with the scoring 4.6 out of 5 and 4.5 out of 5 from Google Play and App Store, respectively.
- Before its official release, theMeatly sent a pre-alpha version of this game to YouTubers like Mairusu, FusionZGamer, Razzbowski, Core, etc.
- From each "episode" level buttons, there is a text that reads "Written and directed by Joey Drew" meaning that these levels are based on some of the many cartoons for Bendy's animated show.
- The game is probably inspired from Minion Rush and Sonic Dash.
- The drawings and models for the game were done by a entirely separate team from the original game. However, theMeatly's video announcing the game release featured drawing and animations by TimetheHobo.
- The image of Bendy sitting at a primitive computer, which encourages players to get an account for the game, appears to be based upon the 1931 Disney Cartoon The Barnyard Broadcast.
|The main menu music.|
|The sound for transitioning to an episode.|
|The sound for clicking a button.|
|The sound for scrolling.|
|The sound for upgrading.|