These are the important rules and guidelines for everyone from the Bendy and the Ink Machine Wiki about editing, participating, using discussions, etc. Violating one or any several rules will result either a warning or block. Our job is to keep this Wiki sparkly-clean, far interesting, not redundant, and clear everything from negativity, spam, trolling, etc.
Always remember in your thoughts - Ignorance of the policy is not an excuse.
- DO NOT, under any circumstances, vandalize the articles or anything else on the Wiki.
- If you see a user vandalizing on sight while the admin is offline, please contact the admin immediately by sending a message to their wall.
- Do not spam anywhere on the wiki.
- This includes, but is not limited to, chain messages, "copypastas," ect.
- Do not harass or being negative to other users, eventually admins and mods. These types of harassment include bullying, using insults or offensive slurs, etc.
- Do not argue or criticize the admins and mods for their helpful actions, as this is considered to be rather disrespectful. The staff members are just doing their job while taking good care with the Wiki.
- Do not flamebait either.
- Anyone who respond to harassers or flamebaiters with harassment will receive a warning to both parties.
- Do not edit other users' profiles.
- Do not advertise anywhere including comments, blog posts, forums, and message walls. Even though, it is fine to advertise in your own profile.
- No excessive swearing.
- Non-admin users should not give warnings to other users. Friendly advice and tips are totally okay, but only admins will give out warnings.
- Do not add irrelevant categories to your blog posts, profiles, etc.
- Do not remove admin warnings and block messages from your message wall. Even though, you can still close them if you decide.
- While you are being blocked, DO NOT follow the admins to another Wiki and complain them to unblock you. The answer will be no. You will have to deal with it just like everyone else who did break the rules until your block expires. Any further arguments will extend your ban.
- Non-admin users cannot create templates even without the admin's permission.
- A little reminder that admins and mods can only create "Message Wall Greetings" for themselves.
- Do not give out links to illegal pirated copies of the game/chapters. Only one link to each chapters' earlier versions are acceptable for the respective articles.
- Roleplaying is only allowed in discussions, not on comment sections, blog posts, etc. (For more further reading about discussions, go here.)
- Do not ask or beg the admin members for admin/mod rights. As for now, we staffs are not seeking anyone for admin/mod promotions.
- Do not upload anything that is off-topic. Off-topic files are entirely unofficial, random images that has nothing to do with Bendy and the Ink Machine or other works made by the creator theMeatly.
- Do not upload fan-related files. These include unofficial fanarts, photoshops, SFM, etc.
- The fanart files from the fanart contest winners are the only acceptable, however.
- Do not upload duplicated files.
- Do not upload low-quality files.
- This includes screenshots of gameplay videos as in-game screenshots are much cleaner.
- Same apply to screenshots with Lets Player/Youtuber's webcam faces and/or channel icons on them.
- Poorly cropped screenshots are also not intended.
- This includes screenshots of gameplay videos as in-game screenshots are much cleaner.
- Only videos uploaded by official creators of the game, even interview videos with them, are allowed in the articles. Gameplay videos, reaction videos, and other videos not made by developers are only acceptable in comments, blog posts, discussions, etc., but should be kept out of the articles.
- It is acceptable to add audio/ogg files to the articles and even for the existing audio listing pages. Low-quality, text-to-speech, or anything that were not related to Bendy and the Ink Machine are not intended.
- Audio files ripped from the creators' videos just because they has something to do with the official game does not matter.
- Any images and videos containing pornographic, gore, or such explicit content will be deleted as fast as possible. Uploading such images results a punishment, but will also result an infinite ban depending the amount of files with such content.
- For more further guides about editing, please read the Manual of Style.
- Read each article in its entirety before editing.
- Try to be as accurate as possible when editing articles.
- Do your best using proper grammar and spelling.
- Be objective - use "Henry", not "we" or "you".
- Do not make the articles redundant, or lowering their quality.
- Do not rename the article's title in an irrelevant way.
- Any unnecessary, irrelevant, or spam-like categories/articles will be deleted immediately.
- Check spelling before finalizing an edit.
- Be sure to check the whole latest edit changes before undoing everything (by clicking the "undo" button) if you found something unnecessary the user recently add. If you desire to get rid of a single or more unneeded changes while others are in good-faith, just simply edit it.
- If the article reaches over 1,000 bytes, the "stub" template needs to be removed. You can check on the article's current size by viewing the byte's amount from the latest edit after hovering to the arrow from the "EDIT" button and clicking "History".
- Do not add theories and/or speculations to articles, because they were not officially confirmed by the main developers theMeatly and Mike Mood, and may cause confusion to readers.
- Repeatedly and/or rapidly editing like numerous times from one of each articles to gain more badges is indeed considered as badge-farming. Badge-farming is not allowed.
- Do not start edit-wars. The admins will have the right to lock the page for a while if the page has a huge amount of edit-warring this day. If the edit-war just occur in one page, report to admins and wait for them to approve either of those edits.
- Those who start and cause edit-wars will receive a warning. Continue edit-warring after a warning will receive a block.
- This is the American English-only Wiki, so please use this language for editing, as it is the common language here.
- Do not create new articles or categories without the admin's permission.
- Users does not have a right to undo the mod/admin's edits without any reason. If the admin decides to change the article's style, the changes the admin made should be kept that way.
- If there is a problem, please contact an admin as soon as you can.
- Avoid adding to a problematic situation by arguing, name calling, and so on.
- Do not fight over who gets to make the next thread in a series of threads, should the previous ones be closed. Anyone can create the next thread.
- Roleplaying is only allowed in a designated blog or discussion, not the comments.
- If you are roleplaying, please have some common courtesy; e.g., godmodding, no metagaming, puppeteering, etc.
- If you found a thread containing nothing else than spam, advertisement, or harassment, please flag it for report. The admin or mod should remove the thread any time soon afterwards upon checking.
- Any users with their usernames containing offensive or sexual content will be blocked permanently until they rename them something more appropriately.
- Using alt accounts like two or more are not allowed. Although it is absolutely fine to use the next latest account if you are not able to log into your main account.
- Sockpuppets will be blocked on sight for ban-evading. As a result for ban-evading, it will extend your block.
- Users with their names impersonating the game's official developers or other Wikia users also receives an infinite block.
Age Limitations Apply
As per wiki's Terms of Service (ToS), all users MUST be at least 13 years of age or older to legally join the Wiki. Any users who are confirmed to be 12 or under will be blocked until such time that they would conceivably be 13. Keep in mind that Bendy and the Ink Machine itself is a horror game and intended for adolescent audience at age 13 to up. Younger and/or sensitive users may find some content in pages disturbing.
General Ban Guidelines
Vandalism and highly-unacceptable behavior will land you an instant permanent ban.
Note that posting a message in your own message wall to do nothing but harassing the admin/mod or another user while blocked will cause your message wall rights to be taken away.
- 1st Offense: Warning
- 2nd Offense: 3 day ban.
- 3rd Offense: 1 week ban.
- 4th Offense: 2 week ban.
- 5th Offense: 1 month.
- 6th Offense: Infinite ban.
- The offense may be so serious that lighter bans may be skipped. Admins give bans at their discretion but follow these ban guidelines.
- If an account's activity is only spam, raiding, or some other form of disruptive behavior, admins reserve the right to give an infinite ban without warning.
- If anyone with negativity visit this Wiki, bragging nothing else than hate and calling the game "cancer", admins will have no choice but giving an infinite block without warning as well.