By accessing and/or contributing Bendy and the Ink Machine Wiki and being a part of the community, you must agree to read, understand, and accept the important rules and guidelines listed below. Failure to abide the rules will result either a warning or block.
General User Rights
- - All vandals, trolls, spam bots, raiders, and users with highly unacceptable/suspicious behavior will be directly blocked infinitely without warnings.
- - Also please do not ask or beg the admin members for admin/mod rights. As for now, we staffs are not seeking anyone for admin/mod promotions.
As per Wiki FANDOM's Terms of Service, all users MUST required to be of at least 13 years of age or older to legally use Wiki FANDOM. In the Bendy and the Ink Machine Wiki here, it is even advised for contributors at 13 or older to contribute, for the sake of voluntary compliance to the Entertainment Software Rating Board and Pan-European Game Information's ratings. This is exactly in virtue of Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA) outlined in 15 U.S. Code §§ 6501-6506.
For important safety, any users who are confirmed to be 12 or under will be blocked until such time that they would conceivably be 13.
Behavior and Civilization
Everyone deserves respect. It is highly recommended that you to remain civilized and have proper discussions with one another. Harassment, (flame)baiting, personal attacking, guilt trip, or any vulgar behavior (even towards an administrator like an anonymous contributor) will not be taken too kindly. Keep in mind that anyone who respond to flamebaiters or vulgar users with harassment will receive a warning to both parties. Cross-wiki guilt trips or even drama that relates will be dismissed.
Discussing or commenting inappropriate topics like sex or such that crosses the line is permanently forbidden, no matter how mild or extreme these comments with such content are.
As this Wiki is classified as T-rated like the Bendy and the Ink Machine series themselves, a usage of profanity is welcome. Although, excessively overusing it or used for insulting or harassing the community is unacceptable.
Using abusive slurs identified as racial, homophobic, or something much borderline offensive will not be tolerated. This act counts as harassment-worthy.
Spamming is considered anything that was repetitive and overly used in the community. Same also apply to trolling, inserting gibberish, etc. There are numerous types of spamming that needs to be kept in minimum;
- Stretching or extending words to the max. (Example; "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees", and so on)
- Rows of gibberish words consisting of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Zalgo texts (Example; "H͢͜͏é͏y̸̵ ̢w̛h̶̸̀a͟͢͡t҉̷̡'҉s͟͢͏ u̴̵p")
- Inserting a huge amount of emojis in a row, similar to stretching/extending words.
- Uploading a long row of images (up to 3 or more images), especially in comments. Giant-sized images in attempt to cover the screen partly or fully are not allowed.
- Irrelevant texts in all caps, even with amount of punctuation. (Example; "AHHHHHHH WTF!!!!!!! WHEN WILL IT GONNA COME OUT?!?!?!?", etc.)
- Modifying own comment font texts with random codes, such as coloring, increasing sizes (even in massive size), etc. (This should only go to profiles.)
- A line of page-only templates.
If either one or more of these kind of spams are used, it will be deleted while receiving a warning.
Roleplaying is only allowed in discussions, not on comment sections, blog posts, etc. As long as they're appropriate, any themes that focus something clearly erotic, gory, or anything inappropriate are seriously not welcome.
Any users can name their accounts whatever they please, although users with offensive or sexual content names will be blocked permanently until they rename them something more appropriately.
Users with their names impersonating the game's official developers or other Wikia users also receives an infinite block.
Sockpuppeting is method of using multiple accounts for deception, considered as commonly ban-evading. Sockpuppets will be blocked on sight as a result.
Using alt accounts like two or more are not allowed. Although it is absolutely fine to use the next latest account if you are not able to log into your main account.
User profiles are decorative with adding images and descriptions about their favorites, opinions, and thoughts. Although, here are the following unacceptable actions that you're not allowed to do when using user page:
- Editing other user's profile, unless giving permission for helpful need.
- Uploading off-topic images not listed for the Bendy and the Ink Machine Wiki.
- Discriminating or harassing anyone or anything behind their backs.
Do not give out links to illegal pirated copies of games. If there is a download to earlier pre-updates/betas for the games, then it's acceptable for accurate articles.
Do not advertise off-topic products or promotions anywhere including comments, blog posts, forums, and message walls. Even though, it is fine to advertise in your own profile.
Mini-modding is not allowed. This term describe users lacking staff rights that send warnings to others. Friendly advice and tips are totally okay, but only admins has a right to give out warnings.
A little reminder that admins and mods can only create "Message Wall Greetings" for themselves, not for normal users.
- For a complete guide about editing, please read the Manual of Style. And remember, read each article in its entirety before editing.
- Try to be as accurate as possible when editing articles.
- This is the American English-only Wiki, so please use this language for editing, as it is the common language here.
- Do your best using proper grammar and spelling. To check spelling errors, use source editor when editing.
- Feel free to create articles for missing characters, locations, etc, as long as they contain enough accurate info to have bigger articles.
- Be objective - use player (or Henry for Bendy and the Ink Machine-related articles), not "we" or "you".
- Do not fluff edit in articles. Fluff editing is rather a very minor edit, for examples like adding just a link, removing or adding white spaces, etc. If you make a minor edit, please be sure clicking on the box next to "Minor edit" (located above the edit summary) to check it.
- If the article reaches over 1,000 bytes, the "stub" template needs to be removed. You can check on the article's current size by viewing the byte's amount from the latest edit after hovering to the arrow from the "EDIT" button and clicking "History".
- Non-admin users cannot create templates for pages without the admin's permission.
Reverting / Undo Edits
- Be sure to check the whole latest edit changes before undoing everything (by clicking the "undo" button) if you found something unnecessary the user recently add. If you desire to get rid of a single or more unneeded changes while others are in good-faith, just simply edit it.
- Do not start edit-wars by constantly reverting back your edits. The admins will have the right to lock the page for a while if the page has a huge amount of edit-warring this day. If the edit-war just occur in one page, report to admins and wait for them to approve either of those edits.
- Users does not have a right to undo the mod/admin's edits without any reason. If the admin decides to change the article's style and be kept that way, is their final. If it's obviously a mistake, please contact the explanation to the admin.
- Vandalism is a ZERO tolerance on the pages, and whoever is responsible for this action will be immediately banned.
- Speculations and even theories should be kept out of the pages, because they were not officially confirmed by the developers of Kindly Beast and Joey Drew Studios Inc., and may cause confusion to readers. If desiring to discuss about theories, create a blog post or a discussion thread instead.
- Badge-farming is an unallowable action of abusing the achievement system by repeatedly and/or rapidly editing from one of each articles for the sake of gaining plenty of badges.
- Redundancies, examples like lowering the pages' qualities or adding invalid categories/articles, will be undone as fast as possible.
- For images not used for articles, all fanarts, photoshops, memes, or any non-BATIM files should only go to the discussion portal. Although do not upload these mentioned images in the image gallery list.
- The fanart files from the fanart contest winners are the only acceptable in pages, however.
- Do not upload duplicated files or screenshots. If you want to find and use images for the community (blog posts, article comments, etc), go to the image category.
- Do not upload low-quality files. This includes screenshots of gameplay videos as in-game screenshots are much cleaner. Same apply to screenshots with Lets Player/Youtuber's webcam faces and/or channel icons on them.
- No matter how high or low their quality is, cropped screenshots are also not intended. However, if there is a character existed only in cartoon shorts but never appear in games with no model, a cropped image of their full view should be added for their infobox in articles.
- When making screenshots, there is actually no need to add your name text to your screenshots for credit.
- Do not plagiarize screenshots by stealing them out from social medias like the Bendy and the Ink Machine game's Steam community page without every screenshot owners' permission, under circumstances.
- Any images and videos containing pornographic, graphic, or such explicit content will be deleted as fast as possible. Uploading such images results a punishment, but will also result an infinite ban depending the amount of files with such content.
Videos uploaded by official creators of the game, even interview videos with them, are only allowed in articles. Gameplay videos, reaction videos, off-topic videos, and other videos not made by developers are only acceptable in comments, blog posts, discussions, etc., but should be kept out of the articles.
It is highly acceptable to add audio/ogg files to the articles and even for the existing audio listing pages, like dialogue voices, sounds, etc. Low-quality, text-to-speech, or anything that were not related to Bendy and the Ink Machine are not intended.
Audio files ripped from the creators' videos just because they has something to do with the official game does not matter.
Discussions and Blog-Posts
- If there is a problem, please contact an admin as soon as you can. Avoid adding to a problematic situation by arguing, insulting, and so on.
- When setting up blog posts, do not add irrelevant categories to your blogs. This is also a case for your profile.
- Do not fight over who gets to make the next thread in a series of threads, should the previous ones be closed. Anyone can create the next thread.
- Roleplaying is only allowed in a designated blog or discussion, not the comments.
- If you are roleplaying, please have some common courtesy; e.g., godmodding, no metagaming, puppeteering, etc.
- If you found a thread containing nothing else than spam, advertisement, or harassment, please flag it for report. The admin or mod should remove the thread any time soon afterwards upon checking.
- 1st Offense: Warning
- 2nd Offense: 3 day block
- 3rd Offense: 1 week block
- 4th Offense: 2 week block
- 5th Offense: 1 month block
- 6th Offense: Infinite block
- The offense may be so serious that lighter bans may be skipped. Admins give bans at their discretion but follow these ban guidelines.
- Do not remove admin warnings and block messages from your message wall. However, you can still close them if you decide.
- While you are being blocked, DO NOT follow the admins to another Wiki and complain them to unblock you. The answer will be no. You will have to deal with it just like everyone else who did break the rules until your block expires. Any further arguments will extend your ban.
- Posting a message or reply in your own message wall to do nothing but harassing the admin/mod or another user while blocked will cause your message wall rights disabled.
We, the staff team of Bendy and the Ink Machine Wiki, has a duty to help users out and prevent spam, vandalism, raiding, and abusive/inappropriate behavior to the community, in order to keep this Wiki safe. Sometime, we may remain temporary offline. Although if you do found someone violating one or more of our rules, or hasn't learned their lesson yet, please immediately send a report to one of the admins, so they can solve this issue sooner.