""Bendy and the Ink Machine™" is the first person puzzle action horror game that will forever ruin your childhood love of cartoons."
Bendy and the Ink Machine, also known as BATIM for short, is an episodic first-person puzzle action horror game developed by theMeatly and Mike Mood. The game was officially released on Steam on April 27, 2017.
Chapter 1 was first released on February 10, 2017 on Game Jolt. Chapter 2 was released on April 18, 2017 along with Chapter 1's remastered update. Chapter 3 was released on September 28, 2017 along with newer updates on two previous chapters. The remaining two chapters presumably to be release somewhere around next year on 2018.
As of September 12, 2017, the game has been removed from Game Jolt and Itch.io, leaving the game only available on Steam.
"Bendy and the Ink Machine" is a first person puzzle action horror game that begins in the far days past of animation and ends in a very dark future.
Take on the role of Henry, an animator from long ago, returning to a forgotten place he never thought he would see again.
What follows.. is a mystery.
|Chapter 1: Moving Pictures||February 10, 2017|
|Chapter 2: The Old Song||April 18, 2017|
|Chapter 3: Rise and Fall||September 28, 2017|
"Inventive first-person horror."
"Thrilling and hair-raising for every player!"
"The art in the game is downright fantastic!"
"While at times it can come across as pandering to YouTuber jump scare culture, the game offers an intriguing world, aesthetic, and story that we can't wait to see evolve in future chapters."
|The sound made when opening the menu.|
|The menu's ambiance.|
- Before each chapters' release, theMeatly announced the fanart contest, allowing the fans to submit their fan-art for it. The winners' fanart will appear in chapters, and they also received a free copy for the chapter's release.
- The first fanart contest started on February 16, 2017 and expired on March 2.
- The second art contest started on April 22 and expired on June 15.
- The third art contest started on October, 14 and will end in December, 20.
- For a short time from the game's Game Jolt page, the prototype soundtrack was available for download.