"Take the lift down. Say hello to an old friend."
"This will definitely come in handy."
It appears to be based on a firefighter's axe, while also resembling a hatchet. It has a tan blade and a black handle.
Clicking the left mouse button swings the axe. Its primary usage is for chopping down wooden boards and even Bendy's cutouts. It is also used as a weapon when fighting monsters encountered in several locations.
The axe is found in the room located in the building's lower level after walking down some service tunnels of the basement, after Henry falls through wooden planks while attempting to escape the flooding workshop. It appears on a workbench next to a small casket.
At the start in the pentagram room, Henry reclaims the axe that was leaning against one of the coffins, where the game left off at the end of Chapter 1. Its primary use in this chapter is to fight the Searchers, as well as breaking wooden boards. Towards the end of the chapter however, the axe breaks in half as soon as chopping down the last board to clear the hall completely while escaping from the ritual room, just before Henry encounters Ink Bendy.
During a series of fetch quests, the axe is given to Henry by Physical Alice and used to destroy fifteen Bendy cutouts from various locations on Level K. Although, the Alice Angel cutout (seen in the "angel path" room) cannot be broken with the axe.
The axe is only located in the Attraction Storage. It drops from the desk destroyed by Bertrum Piedmont during the boss fight, and is used to destroy the carousel's beam connectors to destroy each crane arms. The axe will soon break in half after breaking Bertrum's all four crane arms.
The axe appears for the last time in Chapter 5. Tom is seen using it multiple times and Sammy returns using it in attempt to kill Henry. The player uses the axe to fend off the Searchers and now-hostile Lost Ones. The axe is lost, after falling down in the decrepit hallway.
- Main article: Medium weapons
The axe appeared as one of the numerous weapons in the mobile game Nightmare Run, labelled in the medium class.
- According to Mike Mood, the axe was added to the game as a random "eh, the end needs something extra" during Chapter 1's development.
- From older previous updates before the release of Chapter 3, the axe cannot leave cut marks on anything upon hitting with it.
- Introduced for Chapter 3's update, it is possible for breaking chairs and barrels with the axe. Although this was reverted in the release of Chapter 4.
Chapter 1: Moving Pictures
- In older updates before Chapter 4's release, with no table added for the basement location's last area, the axe was instead held against the wall.
Chapter 2: The Old Song
- The axe is seen after the credits of Chapter 2's first release, near Sammy's mask from his own remains.