|“||This will definitely come in handy.||”|
— Henry, Chapter 1
It appears to be based on a firefighter's axe, while also resembling a hatchet. It has a tan blade and a black handle.
Clicking the left mouse button swings the axe, and it is used for chopping down wooden boards. Henry is required to chop down the boards that block the way to the pentagram room to complete Chapter 1.
The Axe reappears in Chapter 2, and for the most part it serves the same purpose it did in the first chapter: chopping down boards. However, it is also used for fighting the Searchers. It can also cut cutouts into pieces.
The Axe once again reappears in Chapter 3, where it now swings much faster than from previous chapters.
It is found in the room located in the building's lower level after walking down some service tunnels of the basement, after Henry falls through wooden planks while attempting to escape the flooding workshop.
It is found in pentagram room as the starting room, where the game left off at the end of Chapter 1. Its primary use in this chapter is to fight the Searchers, as well as breaking wooden boards. Towards the end of the chapter however, the axe breaks in half as soon as chopping down the last board to clear the hall completely while escaping from the ritual room, just before the player encounters "Bendy".
The axe returns in Chapter 3, it is given to Henry by "Alice", it is used to destroy the 4 Bendy cutouts.
|The old sound produced when the axe is collected.|
|The old sounds produced when the axe is swinged.|
|The old sound produced when the axe chops a wooden plank.|
|The current sound produced when the axe is collected.|
|The current sound produced when the axe is swinged.|
|The sound produced when the axe kills a Searcher.|
|The sound produced when the axe breaks a wooden plank.|
- This is the first item Henry can use in more than one chapter.
- The axe is the first weapon to appear in the game.
- The axe is seen after the credits of Chapter 2's first release, near Sammy's mask from his own remains.
- If the axe is used to destroy a Bendy cutout that is in front of a pentagram, it will immediately "reform" after the player turns around.
- Mike Mood, from Twitter, posted a gif of breaking wooden chairs with an axe, hinting towards a future update. However, this feature was never added to the latest updates, as the axe can only leave cut marks on the chairs, with the only exception for two chairs outside of the infirmary in Chapter 2, and the chair in the Projection Booth.
- The axe is the only weapon to appear in all three current chapters.
|Bendy Doll • Book • Flashlight • Gear • Inky Heart • Ink Jar • Keys • Record • Special Gear • Thick Ink • Wrench • Valve Core|
|Audio Log • Ink Toy • Instruments • Music Radio • Projector • Toys|
|Axe • Syringe • Pipe Wrench • Plunger • Gent Pipe • Tommy Gun|
|Bacon Soup • Bone|